- 5-10 percent of Americans engages in sadism/masochism (S/M) practices for sexual pleasure at least occasionally.
- 12 percent of women and 22 percent of men reported erotic response to an S/M story.
- 55 percent of women and 50 percent of men reported having responded erotically to being bitten.
- 14 percent of men and 11 percent of women have had some sexual experience with sadomasochism.
- 11 percent of men and 17 percent of women reported trying bondage.
The above are the statistics of the Kinsey Institute. But are these results really so surprising seeing the popularity of 50 Shades of Grey?
And you? Have you already tried or are you still fantasizing of being submissive or dominant? Are you planning to introduce some BDSM spice into your bedroom? If yes, remember that these practices have to be consensual. Talk to your partner and find our what he or she thinks about them. Or at least probe him or her out delicately if you really want to make a nice surprise for him or her. Fantasy (or a book) is one thing, but springing out a surprise of cuffing an unsuspecting and uncooperative lover can put you in trouble…